- Key Takeaways.
- Why is this commercial property being sold?
- Who are the current tenants of this property?
- Can I see a pro forma?
- What is the development plan for this area?
- What are the zoning ordinances in place?
- Ensuring a clear understanding of the property.
What questions to ask in a commercial real estate interview?
- What locations, cities, or specific neighborhoods are you most familiar with in your practice?
- Where do you see the market going right now?
- What is your experience as a broker?
- Have you negotiated a tenant improvement allowance and worked through a build out before?
How to negotiate effectively when buying commercial real estate?
- Think about your needs.
- Set your budget.
- Find good advisors.
- Cast a wide net to save on price.
- Investigate your site thoroughly.
- Make an effective offer.
- Before you close the deal.
What is the biggest problem in commercial real estate?
How do you analyze a commercial real estate property?
- Study General Market Trends.
- Conduct Property Analysis.
- Have the Right Management.
- Assess the Risk.
- Income and Expenses.
- Building and Lot Analysis.
- Financial Metrics.
How to do commercial negotiation?
My plan over the next 10 years is to use business cash flow to acquire as much metro-Boston real estate as possible.— Barrett O'Neill (@barrettjoneill) March 27, 2023
Why Boston-area RE?
For starters it’s where I’m from and am raising my family. I’m very comfortable with local markets and have a good feel on a town-by-town…
What are the four 4 major types of commercial real estate in order of sophistication from least to most )?
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you analyze a commercial real estate investment?
- Tenant number, quality, creditworthiness, and renewal probabilities.
- In-place rental rates versus market rates.
- Lease rollover risks (expirations)
- Property use, condition, and average suite size.
- Environmental risks.
What questions should I ask about commercial real estate?
- How visible is my space to customers?
- How do customers access my space?
- Where is employee/visitor parking?
- Who are the other tenants in the building?
- What is the condition of the HVAC system?
- Does the building have onsite management/maintenance?
What is a good ROI for commercial real estate investment?
- What questions should I ask a commercial real estate banker?
- Outside of establishing rapport, here are the 25 questions I try to understand.
- What product types do you lend on? (i.e. multifamily, office, retail, industrial, hotel, land, etc.)
- Do you lend on any specialty products such as cannabis, data centers, gas stations, etc.?
- Does the property need to cash flow?
- What are commercial questions?
- Commercial awareness questions are designed to test your knowledge of the business world and how it affects your potential employer. They can be asked in a number of different ways, but commonly revolve around three key areas – current affairs, the company itself, and the industry as a whole.