Can you sublet part of an apartment?
Can the landlord charge a sublet fee NYC?
Is subletting legal in NJ?
Can I sublet my apartment without telling my landlord NYC?
How long can you sublet a rent stabilized apartment in NYC?
Fraudsters are in UK too. Please read and share.— Toyyib Adewale Adelodun (@taadelodun) September 22, 2023
I once rented a room in UK on the Spareroom.I gave my details(passport and BRP)as you would as a prospective tenant. Several months after I moved out, I discovered this online letting agent used my details in another Borough. I…
What are the rights of rent stabilized tenants in NYC?
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you sublet a rent controlled apartment NYC?
Can rent stabilized tenants sublet NYC?
What is an illegal sublet in NYC?
- Can you sublet a rent controlled apartment in NYC?
- In rent control, there is no specific limitation as to the amount of time that a tenant may sublet an apartment. However, the rent controlled tenant must obtain the owner's written consent to the length of the sublet, and must continue to maintain the apartment as his or her primary residence.
- What does it mean if my apartment is rent stabilized NYC?
- Rent stabilization provides protections to tenants besides limitations on the amount of rent increases. Tenants are entitled to receive required services, to have their leases renewed, and may not be evicted except on grounds allowed by law. Leases may be renewed for a term of one or two years, at the tenant's choice.
How to sublet apartment thats rent controlled
|How long can you sublet an apartment in NYC?||The apartment must have to be your primary residence. The tenant cannot charge more than the rent. In the case of a furnished apartment, the tenant may charge an additional 10%. The apartment cannot be sublet for more than two years.|
|What is considered subletting NYC?||If you will be returning to live in your apartment after the other person leaves, this is called a sublease. If you would like to sublease your apartment, you must first tell your landlord that you want to do this. You must make the request in writing and send it by certified mail, return receipt requested.|
- Is it legal to sublet a rent stabilized apartment in NYC?
- May I buy a new residence and sublet my current rent stabilized apartment? As a rent stabilized tenant, you have the right to sublet your apartment under certain circumstances (visit the 1st question above) but you must always maintain that apartment as your primary residence.
- Is it hard to sublease an apartment in NYC?
- Before subletting your apartment, you must notify your landlord and provide them with a 30-day notice. Under New York law, landlords cannot unreasonably withhold the right to sublet. However, they can refuse to sublet with a valid reason, such as concerns about the proposed subtenant's financial stability.